Video instructions and help with filling out and completing form ss-4

Instructions and Help about form ss-4

Laws calm legal forms guide the SS - for form is a United States Internal Revenue Service tax form used to apply for an employer identification number or ein an EIN is used as the corporate identification number for taxation purposes similar to a Social Security number for an individual taxpayer the SS - for form can be obtained through the IRS ha's website or by obtaining the documents through a local tax office the form is to be filled out upon the creation of a new entity which is a corporation partnership trust estate church government agency certain individuals or other taxable entities the first step is to fill out all general information required on lines 1 through 7 on line 1 put the legal name of the entity for which the ein is to be given if the trade name is different than the legal name provide the trade name on line 2 if the ein is for a trust or estate provide the administrator or trustee name on line 3 enter all applicable mailing and business addresses in lines four through six the responsible party who will answer for the entity must be listed on line seven with their social security number on lines 8 through nine state the type of entity applying for the ein identified the corporate status if any or if the entity is a trust the state nonprofit or other entity required to have an EIN if the entity is a corporation write the place of incorporation on line 9b select the reason for using the SS - for form on line 10 you must choose if it is a new business changed business or creation of another type that requires an EIN you must further detail your business on lines 11 through 17 you must indicate the date the entity was created any employees the type of employees the principal activity if a business and the type of merchandise if any that is sold if the named entity has previously used in SS - for form indicates so on line 18 and state the previous CIN sign and certify the SS - for form providing any third party if applicable once completed submit the SS - for form to the IRS and retain a copy for your record to watch more videos please make sure to visit laws calm


How do I fill out the SS-4 form for a new Delaware C-Corp to get an EIN?
You indicate this is a Delaware C Corp so check corporation and you will file Form 1120.Check that you are starting a new corporation.Date business started is the date you actually started the business.  Typically you would look on the paperwork from Delaware and put the date of incorporation.December is the standard closing month for most corporations. Unless you have a significant business reason to pick a different month use Dec.If you plan to pay yourself wages put one.  If you don't know put zero.Unless you are fairly sure you will owe payroll taxes the first year check that you will not have payroll or check that your liability will be less than $1,000. Anything else and the IRS will expect you to file quarterly payroll tax returns.Indicate the type of SaaS services you will offer.
Does a foreign company need to have a US tax ID?
This is a really old question, but the other answers are terrible, so I want to set the record straight.Based on the facts in your answer, your BVI company will NOT be subject to US tax because it does not engage in a trade or business in the United States. Simply selling something to US residents or having a US bank account is NOT enough to require a non-US company to pay US federal income tax.Here’s how to accomplish your goals here:Form a US LLC with your BVI company as the sole member,Get an EIN for that LLC, andOpen a bank account in the name of the LLC.Like everything in life, there’s an easy way to do all of the above (which costs a little money) and a cheap way to do it (which costs a lot of your time, headaches, and the potential to do it incorrectly).
How do I avoid problems using my social security number for my single member LLC?
You should obtain an Employer Identification Number for your limited liability company because:Your social security number is and should be associated with you, rather than with any legal entity.Giving out your social security number any more than absolutely is necessary is an invitation to identity thiefs to come after you.You can obtain an EIN for your LLC online in about ten minutes at Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online.
My employer made me fill out a w-9 he pays me by the hour and with holds taxes from me this isn't legal is it either he needs to have me fill out a w2 or not with hold taxes am I correct about this?
Think of the W-9 as a vehicle between a pay provider or a vendor and an independent contractor. When a W-9 is involved, we typically do not use the terms "employer" or "employee". Rather we use the terms vendor and independent contractor. If you have filled out a W-9, then the person paying for labor sees the worker as an independent contractor, not an employee. In this case you get a 1099-MISC and not a Form W-2 at the end of the year. (People and companies that pay for labor often prefer to pay workers as independent contractors, instead of as employees, because the payor does not have to pay employment taxes or provide other benefits.) If you fail to fill out and provide a completed W-9 when one is requested of you, then the person paying for labor is required to hold back part of the pay to the independent contractor (mandatory back up withholding). However, if you have provided a signed W-9 back to the person paying you, then you are correct, the payor should not be withholding anything (unless you have more than one single status as a worker for this company?) If you have filled out and returned only a W-9 to the person who pays you, and know for sure you have not also filled out a W-4 (to be treated as an employee and later receive a W-2), and you can also produce paycheck stubs that show withholding for Social Security and Medicare, state taxes (FICA, MED, etc.), then you should raise this issue with your tax preparer and ask if you should consider filing a Form SS-8 when you complete your tax return. Better yet, print out and bring a Form SS-8 into work now, and ask to speak with someone in human resources, personnel, or the accounting office at the company about that Form SS-8. An SS-8 form should sufficiently scare the bejesus out of the company. If some foul play is at work here, the concern over a Form SS-8 will make people sit up and pay attention. If it is something else (like some of your work is as an employee and other more independent projects are paid out to contractors instead of employees,) then an SS-8 will still be effective... the person paying for labor will go out of their way to then be as clear as possible in explaining their actions. Two final thoughts: 1) Remember, it does not matter what they are doing or not doing, or whether it is legal or questionable. It only matters what you can demonstrate or prove. If you don't get real, live paychecks or at least a stub or advice of deposit that shows withholding, then it will be difficult for you to demonstrate what has or is happening. 2) Sit with a professional tax preparer this coming tax season - and just pay for the service. If you've never seen or filled out a Form SS-8 before, now is not the time to venture it on your own. I can probably figure out how to change the oil in my car by myself. I go to a mechanic for an oil change for a reason.
How do you find out your EIN and Tax ID?
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a number assigned by the IRS and is used for a number of business needs including: filing taxes, compliance with IRS, opening a bank account, and applying for business licenses.If you have a Social Security Number, you may apply for an Employer Identification Number for free here: EIN Individual Request - Online Application However, if you do not have a Social Security Number the following steps should be followed:Have a business lawyer act as a third-party designee for your businessThe business lawyer will prepare Application for Employer Identification Number (Form SS-4) on your behalfThe business lawyer will receive your EIN on your behalf.Read more here: How to Get Employer Identification Number (EIN) without SSN or ITINI have successfully received Employer Identification Numbers for more than 60 applicants without a Social Security Number or ITIN. Feel free to contact me at if you need to get an EIN without a Social Security Number.
How can I start a telecom company in India?
1.Its a huge process, prior to enter in a market u need to do lot of paper & licensing work that is at Ministry Level not at basis level. Now will keep this aside for sometime. Will talk about practical thing first.2. It require plenteous amount of investment to start telecom company, i really don't know about your credit worthiness. I'll give you small eg. of Local area sim activation process cost.Eg. Mumbai has 150 store where each stores has Vodafone sales executive. Now if they sale any sim card so they need to fill CAF form & with proper documents, executive has to send that documents to backhand team i.e. C-POS, where form get login. ( C-POS = here only forms get login in CRM system, still vast process is left for activation, from here it goes to Vodafone for further process) Now my point is Vodafone has 4 C-POS setups across Mumbai Zone wise for 150 sales people.Moral : Overall cost of this Setup is 20L (each 5L)So i just gave basic, lower level eg. to you, so that you will understand how much it require to make a Telecom company.3. In India, there is 2 sectore where if u will Invest now u will get return after 3-5yrs & they are Insurance & Telecom Sector. Just to survive in today's market you need to pump-in ample amount of investment.4. Now will come to your dream, if you really want to give low cost internet, so advice is start will small firm than it will grow automatically. Eg. Start with your local area. 1st take agency than after getting good experience & knowledge of that field take franchise & than put at another place than invest into your own & bla bla bla.I'm just giving overall view.4. My advice, before investing in any sector get a perfect & depth knowledge & experience of that particular sector.From all perspective, Market, Investment, Return, Future, Customer & etc.I hope this much information will help!
How do I put future employee on an SS-4 form for EIN?
Line 13 - No (not an employee).Line 15 - Future date is OK (despite the form and instructions being somewhat misleading).Line 14 - Do not check, intent is to identify a very-low-wage situation, rather than hired-late-in-year.In summary, it's great that you want everything to be correct, but a mistake will not affect your ability to obtain an EIN or its validity.
Does a non-US citizen need an ITIN to obtain EIN for the company?
Not necessarily.First, which type of corporate structure are you looking at: C-corp, LLC or S-corp?Second, are you a resident or nonresident alien? Are you an immigrant or do you have some other legal residency status in the US?Third, do you have US co-founders?Fourth, are you working with a US attorney or accountant?Your question requires a number of other questions to be answered before this one can be adequately resolved. If you have US resident or citizen co-founders, or if you have a US attorney, accountant or other qualified individual with an SSN, then you can obtain an EIN in just a few minutes by going to this IRS site. If that’s not an option, then you can still obtain an EIN via phone and snail mail communication with the IRS.New business owners are often concerned about making the proper selections on the IRS application. If you’re concerned about making a mistake, contact a reliable business lawyer to help you walk through the process.It’s actually a very quick and easy procedure, so costs should be pretty minimal. You might also want to consider whether making a subchapter S selection is something your company can benefit from. Careful tax planning now will help you avoid unintended tax consequences further down the road.If you’d like guidance, LawTrades can help steer you through the transaction with highly skilled business attorneys at rates designed to accommodate young, bootstrapped startups.Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions you have about obtaining an EIN. Helping startup navigate murky legal waters at affordable rates is why I started LawTrades. Also feel free to message me directly. Hope this is helpful!
How can I set tax year from January to December for registered LLC in October 2018?
Box 12 on IRS form SS-4 (what you fill out to get your Federal Employer Identification Number) is where you select your fiscal year end. it is a single member LLC which you will disregard and treat as a sole proprietorship, you are required to use a December 31 fiscal year end (and no election is necessary).